Charity: This term we are collecting items for the Methodist Church Soup Kitchen their wish list is as follows: 1kg bags of Mealie Meal, Baked Beans, Tinned Pilchards, Peanut butter, and packet soup.
This week’s wish list item is 1Kg bags of Mealie Meal
Grade 7 Fun Fun Fun Day and Leave a Legacy initiative: Thank you for your support of the grade 7 Fun Fun Fun day! A great time was had by all.
“Leave a Legacy” is a tradition that was started by the grade 7 learners a few years ago. Each year the grade 7 class raises funds so that they can leave a gift for the school in their memory, in the past the learners have bought benches, grade R equipment, a new bell and they have had a shade net put up so there is a shady place for the learners during the summer months.
This year so far, with your support – the grade 7s have raised R4000.00 and we are replacing some of the older white boards in various classrooms. Thank you grade 7s for your hard work, and thank you again for your support!
Extra Classes: Extra classes for term 2 are finished.
Uniform: Please mark each item of your child’s clothing we cannot assist you in finding lost property if there are no names in the clothing.
Registration 2023: Annual fees for 2023 are due by the end of July – the amount is R500 per child or R800 per family.
Grade R and Grade 1 registrations for 2023 are open. Please let friends and family know. Should you need application forms for younger siblings please contact the office.
Exams: Exams for grade 4 to 7 start on 10 June. Please let your child bring a small blanket that can be left at school so they can wear it over their knees during exams, it can become very cold when the learners are not moving around.
Grade 1 to 3 learners will be busy with assessments during this time so they should be at school every day. Grade 4 to 7 learners will leave school at 10h00 from Friday 10 June and Grade 1 to 3 learners will finish at 12h00 as from Monday 13 June please notify your transport operators timeously.
Kingfisher Holiday 17 June: Because Thursday 16 June is a public holiday, Kingfisher Learning Centre will be closed on Friday 17 June. This will also give our grade 4 to 7 learners time to study for their exams the following week.
End of Term: Term 2 ends on Friday 24 June and Term 3 starts on Tuesday 19 July.
School times Teaching time starts at 07h25, please ensure that your child is here comfortably before this time.
Learners who are late will be issued with 5 demerit points – please remember after 20 points learners sit detention.
It has also been noted that many children are fetched very late; school finishes at 13h30 and exam times as above. There will be a fine of R50 per half hour that the learners are picked up late. We do understand that there are exceptional circumstances from time to time – if there is a problem getting the children to school or fetching them timeously in the afternoon, please notify us as soon as possible.
- We would like to remind you that magic words such as hello, please, you’re welcome, I’m sorry, and thank you all begin to be learned at home.
- It is also at home that children learn to be honest, to be on time, diligent, show friends their sympathy, as well as show utmost respect for their elders and all teachers.
- Home is also where they learn to be clean, not to talk with their mouths full and how/where to properly dispose of all garbage.
- Home is where they learn to be organized, to take good care of their belongings, and that it is not ok to touch others.
- Here at school, on the other hand, we teach language, math, history, geography, physics, sciences, and physical education. We only reinforce the education that children receive at home from their parents.